Folks, ICT Expertz, Trinidad and Tobago’s first National Cyber Security Awareness Month Champion, is excited to kick off the first week of security awareness month 2016. Our theme for this week is: Best Practices for All Digital Citizens. This entails the basic, common steps that people can take to protect themselves in their everyday lives.
For this week we are focusing on how to secure yourself at home. We have a tremendous number of resources to help you, starting with the following:
- On Tuesday 4th October you will receive a security awareness newsletter on protecting your home network.
- On Wednesday 5th October we will be discussing ways to keep your Family and Home Cyber Safe on the Digital Guru, broadcasting live on Radio and TV Jaagriti 4:00pm to 5:00pm.
- On Thursday 6th October we will be distributing a poster on protecting your home. [Note: You can distribute the poster in digital format or print copies for your organization]
- On Friday 7th October we will be sharing a video with you on the top three risks to kids online today and what you can do about those risks.
- On Saturday 8th October we will be hosting a Free Cyber Safety Awareness session for parents and caregivers on how to protect your kids online.
Remember, you are free and in fact encouraged to share these materials, posted on all our ITinTT social media (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube and Instagram), with others including your family, friends and neighbors. If you have any questions about our activities in October or suggestions on how to improve our cyber security efforts, please contact ICT Expertz Limited, National Cyber Security Awareness Month at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (868)692-ICTE (4283). We are overall responsible for the security awareness program and will be happy to hear from you.