In week 3 of National Cyber Security Awareness Month local Champion, ICT Expertz Limited, will focus on cyber criminals. Specifically, how they attack people and what you can do to stop them. We have a tremendous number of resources to help you, starting with the following.
- On Tuesday18th you will receive a security awareness newsletter on Ransom-ware. This has become a very common and highly successful attack technique used by cyber criminals around the world. You need to be aware of this.
- On Wednesday 19th we will have a special guest on how cyber criminals attack people and what you can do to stop them on Digital Guru, broadcasting live on Radio and TV Jaagriti (the official stations for National Cyber Security Awareness Month) from 4:00pm to 5:00pm.
- On Thursday20th we will share information with you focusing on one of the most important steps you can do to protect yourself and your accounts from cyber criminals – enabling two-step verification.
- On Friday 21st we will distribute a poster on how you can identify and stop phishing attacks, one of the most common attack methods used by cyber criminals today.
- On Saturday 22nd we will be hosting a Free Cyber Safety Awareness session for parents and business owners on how to protect your kids and business online, 2:30pm to 4:30pm at the El Dorado North Hindu School.
Remember, you are free and in fact encouraged to print and share digitally all materials, posted on our social media ITinTT (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube and Instagram), with your employees, family, friends and neighbors. If you have any questions about our activities in October or suggestions on how to improve our cyber security efforts, please contact ICT Expertz Limited, visit our website www.ITinTT.com or call 692-ICTE, that’s 692-4283.